Performance Medicine defines the practice paradigm at SocolMD. It encompasses what we strive to offer our patients, and recognizes what our patients want of us and expect for themselves.
It requires that both of us – clinician and patient, be present and accounted for.
And it calls for us to bring the highest degree of clinical authority, integrity and responsibility that we can to every patient encounter, so that we can best serve the needs of the whole patient – all 360 degrees.
who they are and why they're here
Our patients come from all walks of life. They are:
- Individuals looking to prevent or take control of an age-related chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease, metabolic syndrome or cancer;
- Women and men with suspected hormonal imbalances;
- Women and men looking to explore or understand their options regarding hormone replacement therapy, thyroid hormone and/or growth hormone;
- Women in the peri-menopausal transition or women who are menopausal;
- Women interested in getting pregnant who want to promote the health of their child;
- Parents looking for a rational approach to nutrition for their children;
- Individuals committed to optimum health;
- Individuals working toward an elite level of physical performance;
- Professional athletes;
- Individuals with a history of concussion, traumatic brain injury and head trauma;
- TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) patients who either did not respond or were not as receptive to therapy as originally predicted.
our approach to best practice
The time interval immediately after an evaluation can make or break a patient’s long-term success, so digging into the individual needs of the patient is critical during this important time.
For some people this may mean reaching out to immediate family members and pulling them into what they need to know. For others, it may be a home visit or a trip to the local supermarket. Or even another day in the office to dig into the rationale for what’s been recommended and why.
SocolMD understands that it’s practice is a paradigm shift for many, and sifting through the chatter isn’t always so easy. That’s why we pull in primary treating physicians, other specialists and physical trainers into our space as needed, to ensure that everyone understands our goals and objectives plus our benchmarks as you move through our program.
There is no “one size fits all approach” at SocolMD, because every patient is a case-study of 1.